Monday, January 08, 2007

Sophie's 6 month check-up


Sophie is officially a thumb sucker! She loves to find her thumb and snuggle up to me! She turned 6 months on Jan 5th and weighs 14 pounds and 11 ounces. She is 25 3/4 " tall.

She finally started eating solid foods recently, but is still not very good at it. I found that she will only eat if I present the food to her sideways and let her lap it up. She eats cereal and squash and green beans so far, but only 1-2 Tablespoons. She always seems to favor a silver spoon! I like to call her 'little princess' .

Chandra let us borrow this neat bath seat so sophie can take a bath with Kubby at night. Too cute! It is very easy and she seems to really like it. Kubby likes having her in the tub with him, but he would like to be in the seat.

Sophie and Kaleb are starting to play together more. He is very sweet to her and she smiles at him. He brings her toys and always says, "hi sophie". Sophie attacks his train and chews on all his toys and so far he doesn't seem to mind.

She is on the move! This is her signature move and it resembles something from the Matrix. She started by scooting backwards, then rolled around and now she army crawls and sometimes moves on hands and knees anywhere she wants to go. She is wild! Always moving! Now if we can just get her to sleep!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

Yeah, we needed a break because i got behind with everything at Christmas time. We are going to start back the week of Jan 28th with week 15, so get ready! Glad you are doing it with us.

Most of weston's weight is in hair :)

Anonymous said...

So funny- you're right! I can't believe how much hair he has!

Laura said...

Sophie looks just like you!!! Loved these pictures.

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

She is so stinkin' cute!! So is Kaleb, I love the boots. You guys look like you had a great Christmas. I hope Sophie starts sleeping, I'm assuming she isn't sleeping at night from your comment. Jacks just started doing it again a couple of days ago, I am so thankful. I've been praying and praying! I'll say a prayer for you guys too! Have a good week!

stephanie said...

Thank you Amber. God has definitely been kind to us with Sophie's sleeping it is getting much better. Last night she slept from 10:30 until 4:30! "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and HE WILL ACT !"

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I am normally biased to my kids being the cutest (you know what I mean) :-) BUT that Sophie is so adorable! I was going to say "stinkin cute" but that one has been used already. :-) I just love to look at pictures of her. I always have to click on them and enlarge them and show my kids how cute she is. I know you have to be enjoying her just on looks alone!

PS Tabitha is a thumb sucker as well. I hope she and Sophie will be pals.

Unknown said...

Man, what look was Kaleb giving in the bath picture?

Laura said...

I know. Isn't it hilarious.

lillian said...

I love that pic of sophie on her head.
Ella reese will sometimes do where she will get her hand caught under her belly when she rolls over ..and what happens is that she is literaly balancing on her upper chest/chin and she looks like she is break dancing.
funny things babies do!
lil

stephanie said...

Clifton break dances at night and she just picked it right up :)