Friday, July 20, 2007

Sophie Update


I have been working with Sophie on taking care of her new doll. She loves to hug it and then hands it to me to hug. However, she also like to hug it upside down and always abruptly drops it when she is done. She is not quite ready to hold a real baby yet, but it is very cute.

She also enjoys riding toys-Frontwards, backwards.... Kaleb even likes to push her.

These days it is all things book! She brings me books all day long, does the sign for book and then hands it to me to read. She smiles , bounces and loves it! Her favorite book is a "old Macdonald" soft book that fits on your hand and each finger is an animal. I sing the song to her and she LOVES it. I think she started singing yesterday...eeee...oooo...eee.oooo So sweet. Her little singing voice is high, much different than her husky jabber voice.

Whenever i loose sophie during the day, i can usually find her swinging in her swing 'wildly'. This is the type of thing that would horrify a grandmother. She really gets going and is even learning how to pump her legs. Sometimes they BOTH get in the swing.

This is our neighbor Ms.Dot- Sophie loves her! She goes to the edge of the porch and waves and calls for her. Even though Ms. Dot does not feel well, she cannot resist Sophie calling for her and she will often come over. She always says.." i can't pick her up," but ALWAYS does. Kaleb likes her too, but Sophie even said her name yesterday.... at least she said DDddda and pointed to her.

Sophie is continuing to be crazy! She and Kaleb have begun to chase each other around and around, giggling. It usually ends with Kaleb crying-not Sophie. She also eats all day long! She is quite portly and will often times outeat Kubby. Her very favorite thing conitnues to be waking kaleb up in the morning. She bursts through his door laughing and jumps on his bed. I am usually too busy watching it to tape it, but I must document that!

We are very thankful for her - she makes things fun. She is like clifton- she loves books and is crazy!

3 comments:

The Girberts said...

Stephanie,

She is such a cutie! I love her smile!!!

Trillia said...

I feel like I never see any of you guys (michelle, steph, jan) anymore! I guess that's what happens when you're not in nursing moms or sitting out in the hallway! I love the first picture of her with her doll Stephanie.

stephanie said...

We are avoiding you Trillia:) he he he
Thanks Leah, She is so cute, i am not doing well spanking her!