Monday, September 24, 2007

Helping mommy....

Clifton has been traveling, Sophie has been snotting and Kaleb has entered into a whole new realm of "mischievary" and I have been praying and memorizing scripture about how God is my Help! Today a few things happened that greatly helped me...
  • Kaleb and I were singing songs. I sing the song and then pause for him to fill in the word. We were singing...The lord is close to the -------- and he is supposed to sing, broken hearted... instead he sang sparky party! I nearly wrecked the car.
  • At the mechanics shop there was a man smoking ( getting all he can in before the 1st of Oct) and Kaleb exclaimed loudly " that man's mouth is on fire"....
  • I tucked kaleb in and said the usual " I love you. i am so glad to be your mommy, i can't wait until you wake up in the morning !" He said, " i am so glad you are my mommy!"
All this makes me think of "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 I don't want to just make it through the season with small children but enjoy it and thank God for it! There really is no where else i would like to be.

Here is sophie " helping" me with the laundry. She is starting to cover her mouth when she laughs just like an adult. Super, super cute!

Kaleb "helping" by setting the table. Some days he does better than others. Check out the outfit that he is sporting for dinner! Lately, he has been saying, " This tastes dusty" after he takes a bite...not sure what that is about. ..... Maybe i should try some different recipes :)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your sparkly party story. :) My boys think that the Pizza God transends all understand instead of the peace of God......

stephanie said...

Too funny.