Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Crock Pot Fajitas

Jan has requested that I post this recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs flank steak, cut into 6 pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can green chiles, chopped
Flour tortillas
Toppings: shredded cheese and sour cream

Instructions:
Place steak in the bottom of crock pot; top with onion and next 10 ingredients. Cook, covered on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours). Remove meat and shred with a fork. Serve with tortillas and desired toppings.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

How much roast and what kind did you buy when you made it for us?

Michelle said...

I'm not sure what kind of roast I bought. It might have been a london broil.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michelle! I love using my crockpot!