Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Week 12: God's freedom

"Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases." Psalm 115:3

I don't know about you girls, but this verse is very, very helpful to me. Now, maybe, I can remember where it is! Very often during the day when Sophie is screaming and Kaleb just pooped his pants... the christmas shopping isn't finished , the floors are dirty, the toilet definitely needs scrubbed, I need a haircut... out of lotion..out of shampoo... ( these are actual lists).. I am very tempted to think two things 1). I will never get all of this done 2) I never get to do what I want to do These can lead to anger towards Clifton and/or anxiety. According to this verse, the truth is.. only God get's everything done and only God does all that he would like to do. I think memorizing this one will help me. Now if i can just get the last 3 down! He he he

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stephanie for the commentary. I agree...I have been quite busy and have found myself anxious and running around and not being lovingly affectionate towards Thern. God has been kind to me, helping me to see my sin, and revealing to me His wonderful Cross! I look forward to reciting this scripture today- another busy day!