Thursday, February 15, 2007

New foods and new kitchen color

We had a busy busy week this week. We had our whole house repainted. I got this guy's name from Jenny Sanders and he was about $1000 cheaper than the other two guys, so we picked him. I had to get the whole house ready for painting and when he showed up on Tuesday he had about 10 guys with him and they painted our whole house in one day. They had to come back on Wednesday and finish trim and touch-ups, but they did most of it on Tuesday. I was amazed at how fast they painted. I would recommend them to everyone. The only thing was that they left the floors super dirty and I have to rewash everything I own that was out. But they had to sand some spots, so I guess that is why it was so dirty. Tuesday night Eli and I went to spend the night with Dad, cause we didn't want little Eli to smell the paint flumes. Here is the before and after pictures of the kitchen. The red is what we had before and the green is what we have now. Also, notice the pretty roses I got for Valentine's Day. Matt got me white, cause he thought they would look good in our new kitchen and they DO! How thoughtful!





Eli's been trying new foods all the time now. He's finally taking a liking to "real food." He can't really pick up the banana's in the first picture. That will keep him busy for a while! He loves ham and yesterday he tried turkey and ate it right up. Michelle also had some pears in a fruit cup and he loved them, so I went out and bought him some and then got him some peaches. Here are some cute eating pictures. Enjoy!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt if you freeze them roses they wil be good for next year, you just have to take them away from her after 2 days

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Eli is starting to look so much older!

Frances Vineyard said...

Love the new paint! Very pretty! What other colors did you paint?

Like pieces of ham?
Trill-I think I'm starting mine to soon. They have had mashed potatoes, pieces of banana, bread, Gerber cookies/toast. Sometimes they get a little choked. My husband wants me to back up a little. It just keeps them so entertained while I clean. :)
Fran