Friday, February 02, 2007

Sanders Update

Yes...we're still alive at the Sanders' home! We have been staying inside with all of this cold weather. I feel like I have been wiping noses since Christmas! Abigail and Luke are really starting to play together. Luke loves his big sister. Today they played with a ball in the floor for a long time while I was cooking dinner...it was too cute! Abigail has a new "big girl" bed. We just recently moved her into a twin bed from her toddler bed. She had a rough time at first but she is doing much better. Abigail and I have been working on her phonics. Thanks to her aunt Shanon (who thanked Suzanne) we discovered www.starfall.com. She loves to get on there and play. She has a phonics game that she got for Christmas that we love to play as well (only if Luke's asleep!). Luke has officially said goodbye to baby food. His favorite food seems to be spaghetti. Last night he ate chicken tenders and bread from Outback (thanks to Grandma!). He is standing alone and is cruising from toy to toy. He just yells (more like grunts) when he wants something. He cannot stand to be in his highchair (you guessed it...he just yells!) so Jan suggested that I switch him to a booster chair. I switched him today but it doesn't seem to be any better. Luke also said goodbye to his infant carrier today...he has now moved up to a big boy carseat (he should have been out of it a long time ago!). Here are a few pictures...









5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute pictures Michelle. I gave Eli Spaghetti tonight at Dad's and he threw it up. This is the second time he's done that. I'll keep trying! Man, seems like yesterday she was saying "Melmo" at her first birthday party!

Unknown said...

Luke will be 10 months on Feb. 7th.

Suzanne said...

Glad you found Starfall.com. Our boys learned their letters and sounds that way. Now they like to try to make words on the next level...they'll learn to read eventually. :)

Way to sleep in the big bed, Abigail!

Anonymous said...

I THINK THEY NEED TO PLAY AT POPS' HOUSE.

Unknown said...

Your dad's comments CRACK ME UP. I love it!

How old is Abigail? I should call you and get some advice... Addy is growing up so quickly and I feel like I have all these questions... then I read your blog and I'm like, Um, phonics? Uh-oh... and then toddler bed to twin bed? Um, addy is still in a crib!!

:D I think you're ready for #3.