Friday, February 16, 2007

What is new with Kaleb and Sophie


As many of you know, i am a recovering computer illiterate. We went on vacation in November and I just located pictures from that trip that i had lost! This is a classic Kaleb face. He always talks about the ocean, so i would like to put this one in his room.

Sophie has a new trick, pulling up. This has to be one of my favorite things they learn to do, bc i love to come into her room and find her standing! Kaleb thinks it it pretty funny, too. Don't worry he has gotten a hair cut since this picture was taken.

Sophie has finally started to eat solids very well. She, like Kaleb, is a messy eater. I know why they sell those mats for under their chairs now. She especially likes to spit a nice big bite out all over me. Grabbing the bowl and spoon is also one of her specialties.

As many of you know, Sophie has a dairy ' sensitivity' and does not tolerate any dairy of any kind. At the advice of physicians, i began to reintroduce dairy into my diet, this did not go well and Sophie began screaming again and they even wanted to put her on medication. On top of that my milk supply has been diminishing and she had lost some weight at her last check up. Weeks of wondering what i had eaten, getting conflicting medical advice, and supplementing her diet, had left me pretty exhausted, so at Clifton's request, I weaned her to a bottle this week. I am grateful for Clifton's leadership, because it has been very helpful. She is happier and i do not have to wonder if I have eaten anything that is bothering her. God has been very kind to help us to know what to do and has been faithful to answer my prayers! I had to nurse her (after eating chocolate because i thought it was safe) 3 hours later, as predicted she began her screaming. I simply asked that God would heal her and within 5 minutes she stopped crying ( Not the normal course, usually she would have screamed off and on for at least a day). It is such a comfort for me to know that God cares about these details!

This is her latest maneuver. I found her this way after a nap yesterday. If you look closely you can see all of the residual snot from the recent Sluss family sickness. Kaleb is still snotty as well. It is amazing the amount of "boogies" ( as Kaleb calls them) that they can produce. God has been very kind also, in that i am not sick! I usually succumb to most every illness that comes along, but not this one!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaleb needs to continue his work since he is better now. the cows and horses need feeding every day. uncle tommy is helping but he is not as good of help as kaleb. so kaleb don't forget your work ethics.

Unknown said...

Welcome back. Stephanie, they are so cute! The picture of Kaleb on the beach is just too cute! Sophie is just getting so cute as well. Oh my... can't wait to see them.

Laura said...

The picture of Kaleb laughing with Sophie is so cute!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

They are so cute! I can't wait for Jacks to start crawling and pulling up!

Unknown said...

I think the kids are messy cause of the parents! I usually make Eli messy cause I miss his mouth. Well, at least in my case that is the problem! Oh, don't put the bowl near Sophie Steph and she won't grab it :)

stephanie said...

I know, Jan you are right, I am certain operator error is the problem. But, in my defense i do not make her spit at me.

Unknown said...

I thought that messy eaters were operator errors myself. Addy was such a good eater! Then I tried feeding John Michael and he must be just like Sophie! He zirberts right in my face... and it is not solicited!

Frances Vineyard said...

Do you do anything for Sophie's nose or to make her feel better? Mine both have runny noses right now. cold? teething? I don't really know.
Fran

stephanie said...

I just use a humidifier and put vaseline on her nose, so the boogies don't get crusty. She goes bonkers when i try to suction her out and use saline, so i don't do that very often, but that is what they tell you to do. Hope you children feel better.