Monday, March 05, 2007

Mushrooms


Well, for some reason I'm on a mushroom kick. I've made them all weekend. If you know me and how picky I am you might be a little shocked. Anyways, I am looking for new ways to make them. I found this way cool website (Mushroom website) and it tells you all about mushrooms. I also found hundreds of recipes that look great! Here is one I think looks very good. I've never had a portabella, but I'm sure I'll like it. Enjoy and I hope this will help everyone out when looking for some mushroom recipes.



CRISP PORTABELLA "FRIES"

INGREDIENTS
4.00 medium portabella mushroom caps (about 1 pound)
1.00 large egg
0.33 cup plain dried bread crumbs
0.25 teaspoon salt0.13 teaspoon ground black pepper
2.00 tablespoons vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS
Cut portabellas in 1/2-inch thick slices. In a small bowl beat egg with the salt and pepper; on a plate, spread breadcrumbs. Dip mushroom slices in the egg mixture then coat with breadcrumbs shaking off excess. In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Add portabella slices (do not crowd); cook, turning often, until golden on all sides, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
YIELD: 4 Portions

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Jan, be careful on those mushroom websites! People do more than cook those...yikes!!!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

haha Stephanie your so funny! I definitely have no recipes for you because I hate mushrooms! The only thing I eat them in is PF Changs lettuce wraps! I became hooked before I knew there were mushrooms in them! =)

Lizzy said...

Tell you the truth Jan, I was hesitant to make you those egg rolls because there are mushrooms in those and I know how picky you can be. I am floored, mushrooms are gross to me and will only eat them if I can't feel them in my mouth or see them. :)